IMPORTANT: Stop the
Polling Place Switcheroo
The East Ramapo Board wants to switch people's polling places eight weeks before the election. That will cause chaos and confusion, and the NAACP is opposing this decision. Tell the board what you think by signing this petition. Then come to the board meeting on February 28 and March 14 at 7:30 p.m. at 105 S. Madison to raise your voice!
Volunteer Interest Form
Whether you have a lot of time to help or just a few hours, we need EVERY person to join us in ensuring that the East Ramapo School Board represents the students who attend its schools. Fill out this form to volunteer, and we will contact you.
Text the word STRONGER to 84483, and you will join a text message reminder service about the election. Service offered by RainedOut.net. Standard messaging rates apply.
Donate to Our Campaign
We are partnering with Steve White and the Power of Ten to raise money for the campaign, so that we can make copies, buy lawn signs and advertise on local media. Click here to give, and thank you in advance.
Calendar of Volunteer Events
Join us at any of the following events coming up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- February 22, 2017, 7 p.m.: Virtual Phone Banking (712-432-1601, 173899#) - Join us for a conference call with others before making phone calls on your own.
- February 23, 2017, 6:30 p.m.: In-Person Phone Banking (Child Care Resources of Rockland, 235 N. Main, Suite 11, Spring Valley) - Come call voters in-person in a community with other volunteers.
- February 28, 2017, 7 p.m.: School Board Meeting (105 S. Madison, Spring Valley)
- More dates to be added shortly.
To vote, a person must be:
- a citizen of the United States;
- a resident of the School District for at least 30 days;
- 18 years of age or older;
- personally registered for School District Elections or registered for General Elections with Rockland County.
If you have not voted in the past four years, please register by April 30. You can download a Rockland County voter registration form here and mail it in, or you can either to the district headquarters (105 S. Madison, Spring Valley) or the County Board of Elections (11 New Hempstead Rd., New City).
Not sure if you're already registered? Call the Board of Elections at 845-638-5172.
If you will not be in Rockland County during the hours the polls are open, you may vote by absentee ballot.
The first step is to complete and submit an application for an absentee ballot. You may download the application by clicking here: absentee ballot application, or you may call 577-6015 and request that an application be mailed to you. Applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to the District Clerk's office at 105 South Madison Avenue, Spring Valley, NY 10977.
The application must be received by the District Clerk at least seven days before the election, Tuesday, May 9, 2017 if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election, Monday, May 15, 2017, if the ballot is to be issued to the voter in person. Absentee ballots will not be mailed after Tuesday, May 9, 2017, and must be picked up in person after that date.
Click here for a PDF with the basic information you need to help get out the vote. Don't forget to have copies of the voter registration form and the absentee ballot application on hand.
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.